Well This past weekend was out phlebotomy class. And we started to stick people on the second day. Nikki was not very excited to do either the sticking or to be stuck. so i was her first victum. (my Vains are Giant). She did great. i really didn't feel a thing when she took my blood. I just wish that she could say the same for me. I stuck her and missed her vain. I thought it was there and so did the teacher... but when i poked her it was gone. Her vain did a Ninja Vanish. Then the teacher told me to move it around to see if i could find the vain. I felt so bad. Nikki was Very brave, and even lied and told me that it didn't hurt at all. (i never did find her vain.) But i was able to draw blood from a few other people. Because my vains are so largei ended up getting stuck like 6 times. and one of those was from the teacher. he used me as the example.
We are also in the Medical Terms Class and things with that are really going well. It is basic math, (add, subtract, multiply, etc.) but there are alot of terms to memorize. but it is kind of fun. we try to make a game out of it.
Nikki is loving her new braces. You can hardly even see them and she is glad that she got them. I am also glad that she was able to get something that she wanted to badly.
I am having some wierd issue with my shoulder. i woke up on firday and i could not lift it. and ever since it has been hurting.i can lift it now but i cant lift up anything. i do have a doctors appointment tomorrow (wed.). so hopefully we can find out what happened. and how to get rid of it.
Other than that we are just working. Hogi yogi is fun. we have a couple of other friends that are getting hired there and it will be fun to work with them.
Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Poor Nikki, my veins always do a Ninja Vanish as well!!! They always end up having to use a butterfly thingy jig, like the technical terminology? And I always end up getting stuck a hundred times, okay so I exagerate, a little.
Sorry about your shoulder, hope it starts to feel better.
Funny story! Poor Nikki! What a trusting girl! Glad you're enjoying school. Hope youre doctor visit goes well today! Maybe you just slept on it wrong? HOpe it's an easy fix. Hey...at least we know if they have to draw blood there won't be any problems!:)
Nikki you are so brave.
Post a Comment