Today was the day of Grandpa Rushlows Funeral. The day turned out very well. Bishop Salsbury (Nikki and my bishop) Conducted the meeting and did a wonderful job. With none of Nikki's side of the family being members of the church it was a nervous time leading up to it. We suggested to Nikki's mom to use LDS clurgy because they work for free. and she totally agreed. Bishop began by reading a few stories writting by nikki's mom and aunt about their father. He shared his testimony of eternal families and of Jesus Christ. The spirit was very strong and all who were there felt it. Many people made comments on how wonderful the service was. It really was a wonderful meeting and tribute to Robert Rushlow.
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









2 comments:
Thanks, Andy. Great pictures. I almost feel like I was there. I'm sure it was bittersweet. You miss him, but you're happy that he can feel good again. Thanks for sharing the pictures, and please tell Nikki that she is in our prayers.
Looks like it was a great tribute to Nikki's grandfather. I'm glad to hear the bishop did such a good job and the spirit was there. That must have brought the family so much comfort.
Post a Comment