Saturday, June 14, 2008

Yay! so I can not sleep tonight so I decided to goggle externship to find out what it exactly means!!

An externship is an opportunity for a student to engage in practice based learning, by actively participating in a field of interest. It is very similar to an internship, but is generally of a shorter duration. Externships also tend to be less extensive than internships, and students may or may not receive academic credit for them, depending on the institution they attend. The term “extern” is also used to refer to a medical professional who is associated with a facility, but is not considered a full time member of the staff.

*Yay I found the meaning :) thanks for the advice to look it up kristin :)

1 comment:

Monty and Kristin said...

Glad you found out what externship means. When do you start? Are you excited! Hope all is well. So...did you finally get to sleep!? If you ever have trouble again come on up...I've got tons of stuff that can keep you busy!